Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yankee Stadium

On this webpage a sportswriter lists some fantastic events that have occurred at Yankee stadium. It's really not even worth clicking the link, baseball fans all know about "the house that Ruth built."

I was fortunate enough to attend a game at Yankee Stadium one year ago today (Thanks Grandma). My mother and I took a subway train from Manhattan to the Bronx and witnessed a great Yankee Stadium moment-

When the Yankees came to bat in the bottom of the 9th, they were losing to Cleveland 6- 2. About a half hour later, A-Rod's walkoff homer made it a New York 8- 6 victory. I'll never forget when the stadium PA system cranked up Old Blue Eyes, "Start spreading the news/I'm leaving today/I want to be a part of it/New York New York."



***


If you haven't been to Yankee Stadium then take my word for it, the place has all kinds of cachet. The new stadium is doomed to be known as it's surrogate. Therefore, it [was] a bad idea.

Until you factor in Mr. Steinbrenner and the $$$.

Glad to say I saw a game there...too bad about the greed.

1 comments:

Beach said...

I was also lucky enough to see a game there. However, I balanced my New York baseball karma by watching a game at Shea Stadium too.