Monday, June 18, 2007

dirty laundry

Steve says:
im not intending to make what you believe is my usual big deal about things, but...
Steve says:
did you really believe the garage door automatically closes?
Steve says:
or did you just say that to get me out of the garage last night?
Sally says:
seriously?
Steve says:
yes
Sally says:
Joe, the apartment manager told me if the doors stay open too long...they will automatically close
Steve says:
this morning you said it would still be open from last night
Steve says:
?
Sally says:
on the phone
Sally says:
scheduling a fundraiser
Steve says:
take your time
Sally says:
I was hoping for the best this morning
Sally says:
I know the guy that drives the white car leaves about 7am
Steve says:
ok
Steve says:
what time did i leave this morning?
Sally says:
7:30ish
Sally says:
why?
Steve says:
thats about 15 minutes longer than the door would have stayed open
Steve says:
this is silly
Sally says:
yes it is silly
Sally says:
I don't understand what's gotten into you
Sally says:
what is this about, Steve?
Steve says:
im concerned
Steve says:
we can talk about it later
Sally says:
I'd rather talk about it now
Steve says:
between the conversation about your medicine while walking last week
Steve says:
and everything youve told me about your mother
Steve says:
im concerned you may lie to me about little things
Steve says:
for no good reason
Steve says:
and then never admit it
Sally says:
I can't believe this
Sally says:
I can't tell you how much you've just hurt me
Sally says:
I can't talk about this like this, though
Steve says:
the white car, by the way, was still in there
Steve says:
so the garage wasnt open because he left
Steve says:
how would you even know what time the white car left every morning?
Steve says:
?
Steve says:
ok
Steve says:
ignore me
Steve says:
perfect
Sally says:
I just tried calling you
Sally says:
Steve?
Sally says:
what's going on? are you ignoring me now?
Steve says:
we can talk later
Sally says:
well, I would rather not spend the rest of the day tied up in knots, Steve
Steve says:
i dont know what more can be said
Sally says:
what does that mean?
Steve says:
i feel uncomfortable in the true sense
Steve says:
i feel strongly about what i said
Steve says:
if you are going to maintain your position
Steve says:
there is nothing more to be said
Steve says:
continue to ignore me and then be available at your convenience
Sally says:
I'm not ignoring you
Sally says:
I don't know how to respond to that
Sally says:
If you really feel this way about me though...I find it hard to believe that you could want to be with me
Sally says:
should I assume that I am correct?
Steve says:
chalk it up to another misunderstanding by an overly sensitive man
Steve says:
if you lie to me about little things
Steve says:
and then continue to maintain that lie
Steve says:
allowing me to feel uncomfortable
Steve says:
instead of relieving me
Steve says:
youre correct
Sally says:
I don't know what the solution is here, Steve
Sally says:
I don't lie to you
Sally says:
But if you are always going to think that....I don't know what to do
Sally says:
I just don't understand why it wouldn't cross your mind that I just might be wrong
Sally says:
instead I'm lying to you
Sally says:
I don't know what I did to make you distrust me the way you do.....but regardless of how much you love me and I love you...we have no future if you don't trust me
Steve says:
ok
Sally says:
ok?
Steve says:
your right
Steve says:
we have no future if I don't trust you
Steve says:
how were you wrong?
Steve says:
that crossed my mind
Steve says:
but how were you wrong?
Sally says:
so where does that leave us?
Sally says:
I must have been wrong about the garage door closing after 15 mins
Steve says:
how so?
Sally says:
well, it wasn't closed
Steve says:
wrong, because thats not what you were told?
Sally says:
no
Sally says:
because it wasn't closed
Steve says:
so, joe is wrong\
Sally says:
I probably just misunderstood him
Sally says:
he told me that when I first moved in
Sally says:
maybe it only happens in the winter time
Sally says:
I don't know
Sally says:
but I have left my garage door open and it has been closed when I've come back
Sally says:
this was last year when I actually used it
Sally says:
now, if it was automatic or the guy in the white car closed it
Sally says:
I don't know
Sally says:
I'm just completely blown away that you would think I would lie to you about a stupid garage door
Steve says:
how would you even know when the white car leaves?
Steve says:
its maddening
Sally says:
and that I just wouldn't be wrong about it
Steve says:
theres been too many little things
Steve says:
kept from me
Sally says:
because when I worked on the campaign...I would leave about 7:30am
Sally says:
and his car was always gone
Sally says:
that was last year though
Sally says:
and I only parked in the garage...on a regular basis....for a few months
Sally says:
are you there?
Sally says:
are you finished with this conversation?
Steve says:
im here
Steve says:
like most of our conversation, i dont know where to go from here
Steve says:
like most things, i most concede
Steve says:
or risk looking further like a paranoid schizophrenic
Steve says:
whereas you are always unscathed somehow
Sally says:
Steve, you don't have to do anything
Sally says:
and I don't know how I come out of these situations unscathed
Steve says:
youre faultless
Steve says:
its always my misunderstanding
Sally says:
I'm the one that feels untrusted
Sally says:
I'm not saying I'm faultless
Sally says:
I was wrong about the damned garage door
Sally says:
but what more do you want than that?
Sally says:
I was worng
Sally says:
wrong
Steve says:
i want what i feel like is the truth
Steve says:
without it we are nothing
Sally says:
well, I'm sorry you don't feel like you get the truth from me
Sally says:
but I am telling you the truth
Sally says:
I don't lie to you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what the hell is this? a conversation with yourself? lets get some help for you; i'll pay and my kid will eat next week...

Jackson said...

it is just some random data that was floating through the coffeehouse unencrypted a couple weeks back...